Monday, October 27, 2014

ALO Newsletter
Second Edition: October 27, 2014 

Featured Member: Mike Rossi '17
My name is Mike, and I am a sophomore here at Elon. I am majoring in Political Science and International Studies and minoring in Middle Eastern Studies. I came to Elon knowing I wanted to involve myself in international affairs, so I began taking Arabic to increase my capability of working overseas.  I immediately loved the challenge that Arabic presented, having to learn an entirely new alphabet and continually build upon it. As I became more familiar with the language and Middle Eastern culture collectively, my interests evolved and I chose my majors and minor accordingly. I am not completely certain of where I will end up, but I plan to study diplomacy and policy studies in Amman, Jordan next fall, and I know living in the Arab World will broaden my perspective and help clarify my career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment