Wednesday, October 21, 2015

ALO Newsletter
Eleventh Edition: October 21, 2015


Featured Member: Maggie Liston '15


Ahlan wa sahlan! My name is Maggie Liston and I am a senior at Elon majoring in French and International Studies and minoring in Middle East Studies and Political Science. I spent two semesters abroad in Montpellier, France and Rabat, Morocco during my time at Elon. In Morocco, I was able to use my Arabic skills in everyday life to bargain for goods, gossip with my wonderful Moroccan family, or ask for directions when I was (frequently) lost. My region of interest in international affairs is the Middle East and North Africa and I can't wait to see where my Arabic skills take me next! As every Arabic student knows, there has never been a more beautiful, rewarding, and worthwhile challenge than learning to read, write and speak in Arabic.

1 comment: